10.14.2011

Foodie Friday

Hello my dear internet cosmos!  I hope you all had a wonderful week.  The weather got hot again here so naturally my brain turned to mush and I was unable to create anything productive or interesting.  This morning, there's a crisp breeze in the air and I'm feeling alive again so here's some inspiration for your day!

I'd like to talk about food for a moment.  For me, it's much more than just a bare necessity--it's a hobby, an obsession, an art form, a challenge, and a joy.  That is until I eat an entire cake in one sitting and then it is no longer a joy.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite posts from around the web concerning the joy of eating.

I recently came across this charming blog La Domestique and fell in love with the recipes and the easy-to-follow extremely well organized nature of it all.  Every week, a new ingredient is chosen and the entire week is dedicated to worshipping it.  One of my favorites is this post about 10 ways to use honey in cooking.  You remember my bee-keeping friend, don't you?  He recently gave me more of his amazing clover honey and I'm excited to use it in some of these recipes.


Next up, pine nuts get caught up in the ombre trend.  Who knew nuts could be so fashionable?  (Okay dirty minded readers, this is a family friendly blog.)

Tiger in a Jar

Last but not least, we have eating, well, in a slightly different form.  At first glance I saw the title of this article, well, completely unappetizing.  But I have to say, after reading, I can see some logic.

Okay let's all be honest here--would you do it?

Babble

I hope you all have a nutritious weekend!
--MEL

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.