11.16.2012

The French Hostess

So, as anyone who follows me on Pinterest knows, I've become completely slightly obsessed with the unbelievably gorgeous foodie blogger, Mimi Thorisson.  I have been drooling over her dreamy blog, Manger, for months now.  She chronicles her life in the French country with her dreamy photographer husband, precious children, and billions of adorable dogs that always seem to be roaming freely through the magical woods, hunting for mushrooms and fairies.



Oh, and did I mention that this woman is a total boss in the kitchen?  (These chocolate meringues look particularly dangerous.)  How she manages to cook like a bonafide Frenchmen, and still look like an exotic goddess is beyond me.

I figured I'd be able to keep my obsession a secret until I ran across this interview with Mimi at Sous Style and it sent me over the edge.  She talks about her love for, "Duck fat, butter, cream, crème fraîche, garlic, eggs, and orange blossom water" and says she "once killed a huge furry spider, just by screaming."  I'm convinced she is magic.






Read the rest of the interview here.  And please go read through her blog here.

Have a beautiful, buttery, dreamy weekend--
MEL

(All images from here and here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.