6.13.2011

Dalton

So, this time I have a good reason for neglecting the blog for the last few days.

The reason is wiggly and black and drooly and the silliest thing I've ever met.

Meet Dalton.


We have always known that we were meant to be a "two dog family".  Yes, I know, most people don't really think about things like this but, the Mr. & I, we are the type of people who absolutely do.

Anyway, we've had our wonderful Florida Brown Dog, Pax, for 3 years now and we knew now was the time to get him a friend.  Have you met Pax yet?  Let me refresh your memory:


So, back to the point.  Pax needed a friend and we went searching for his perfect companion.  To make a super long story short, we found the perfect dog, Dalton, from this great program called Paws on Parole and we knew he was the one.  After a long time of applications and meetings and such, another couple ended up taking him home.  We were destroyed.

Fast forward 3 weeks and it turns out one of Dalton's new owners is allergic to him.  (!!!!!!!)  First of all, let me be clear, if that were to happen to me, if I were to adopt a pup and be allergic to him, I would be devastated.  Needless to say, they were, and I truly felt for them.  But we were of course over the moon to be bringing him home to us.

I know it may sound silly but we just feel like it was meant to be.

So now we have a new dynamic duo in the house, and I'll tell you what, they are quite the pair.  Here, see for yourself.

2 comments:

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.