6.26.2012

The Anthro Curse

So, I know I still have a few things to update you on from last week, but I had to take a little break to discuss a very serious issue with you all, my dear supportive loving internet cosmos.

This weekend, I took my inaugural trip to the nearest Anthropologie in my new town.  As every trip to Anthropologie always is, it was more painful than enjoyable.  That store does nothing but haunt me.  I walk in and immediately my most carnal primitive human emotions take over.  I covet every single thing that is on every single mannequin in the store.  I bow down to the little charming vignettes set up in every corner and give praise to my new beautiful false idols.  And then the fight or flight kicks in because I know that I either need to get out of there fast or attack every sales-person in the store before I spend every cent in my bank account, send my family spiraling into debt, am unable to pay for all the new unforeseen expenses of moving across the country, and my Mr. divorces me.

Like I said, it's painful.  

So, after my overwhelmingly detrimental shopping trip, I came home to do the same thing I always do after I leave an Anthro store:  window shop online.  Here are some of my current favorites:

Honeycomb Hive Set

Convivial Midi Dress

Striped Seagrove T-Straps

Scalloped Strings Tank

I'm really considering never walking into another Anthropologie again and deleting it from my shopping list online and just forgetting it ever happened to me.

As if I had that unbelievable power...

Desperate in Denver--
MEL




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.