7.06.2011

Dîner en Blanc

So, while I'm still on my "need to be on vacation" kick, I thought I'd tell you about this amazing article that was in the NY Times this morning.

I have never wanted to go to anything so bad in my life.

(Keep in mind the exaggeration disease I have.  However, I think in this situation, my exaggeration may not be too far off.)

Dîner en Blanc at the Louvre; NYTimes

The Dîner en Blanc is an impromptu picnic of multiple thousands of people who get together in amazing locations around Paris, all dressed in white, with delicious food and wine, and an urge to have a spectacularly amazing time.

Drool.

Now, it's coming to New York City!!!!!!!!!

(It's funny that I'm so excited about it seeing as how I live thousands of miles away and am not planning a trip to NYC anytime soon.)

Anyway, my point is that if anyone lives within 100 miles of this thing, you should go to this website, get on the waiting list, and regardless if you get an invite or not, go scour the city trying to find the location on August 25, and check this baby out.

Dîner en Blanc at Notre Dame; Facebook

I totally want to do a Dîner en Blanc in my tiny insignificant Florida town--I wonder what monumental public space we could use?  The Gator football stadium?  The humongous Wal-Mart parking lot?  Ugh, it just doesn't have the same ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.