2.08.2011

Raw Food and Friends

A while back, I had a brief encounter with the healthier eating lifestyle and attempted to eat myself closer to nature.  Needless to say, most of the techniques and ideas didn't continue in my every day life (I need to work on my self-control and discipline.  Plus I love cheese.).

However, in my search for balance, one of my friends completely encouraged me by buying me the Café Gratitude cookbook.  What is Café Gratitude you ask?

The Philohophie

It is only probably the most famous raw restaurant in the world.  Now, I had never heard of it either until my friend got me their cookbook; but again, I was a new convert into the super-healthy eating revolution as well as the completely separate amazing universe that is San Francisco.

Anyway, my friends and I decided to get together this weekend and try out some recipes from the Café Gratitude cookbook.  We're so excited and it seems like it's going to be quite the adventure.  Irish moss?  Lecithin?  Hijiki seaweed?  Yep.  Here we come.

I'll post pics of our dinner later and let you know how it goes.  Tell me internet cosmos, have any of you gotten into the raw revolution?  Anyone had the pleasure of eating at the famous Café Gratitude?

Wishing you all a happy and healthy day!
--MEL  

Edible Tulip

1 comment:

  1. The first time I ate there I was struck by 1) How quickly I felt stuffed and 2) how expensive the good was. Raw food is so incredibly rich and flavorful in a way cooked food is not- it fills you up so fast! (and my husband likes to interject, you get full very fast and then you are ravenous 2 hrs later). Also raw food preparation requires a lot of prep time and costly items, hence the expense. Having a 4 course meal of all cafe-graditude meals is going to be awesome- It would be so time consuming do make all of this by yourself, and so I can't wait for Friday!

    ReplyDelete

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.