2.25.2011

Princess Apparent

Happy Friday everyone!  I can't thank you enough for all of your wonderful help in selecting my new glasses!  I think I have taken your suggestions and the suggestions of many many others and made a good selection.  I'll let you know soon!

I found the most wonderful article the other day from Time Magazine, September of 1953.  It's about one of the biggest movie stars of all time, yet it is a sweet insight into her life pre-fame:

As the princess in Paramount's new picture, Roman Holiday, the newcomer named Audrey Hepburn gives the popular old romantic nonsense a reality it has seldom had before. Amid the rhinestone glitter of Roman Holiday's make-believe, Paramount's new star sparkles and glows with the fire of a finely cut diamond. Impertinence, hauteur, sudden repentance, happiness, rebellion and fatigue supplant each other with lightning speed on her mobile, adolescent face.

Can you imagine what it was like before Audrey blew up on screen and became one of the biggest influences on cinema and fashion and well, everything?  The article is a great read and I highly recommend it.  It's nice to take a trip to the golden years of Hollywood when they had a newcomer named Audrey Hepburn.

I hope you all have a dreamy weekend!  
--MEL

Cover Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place for thoughtful opinion. Please be considerate.